How to edit mp3 files to add artist, title, genre and album name!
Guys, ever wondered like this?
How edit Mp3 files?
How to add artist and title name to an Mp3 file?
Then, you have landed onto the right place. I’ll take you through this article in which I’ll show you how to edit Mp3 files – so that you will be able to perform the following:
- Add Artist name to that Mp3 file
- Add Album name to that Mp3 file
- Add Title to that Mp3 file
- Add Genre to that Mp3 file
I strongly advise you not to edit any Mp3 files which are copyrighted. It’s against the copyright laws if you proceed with editing Mp3 properties of any copyrighted Mp3 file.
By telling that – I mean, you should only edit or modify details of Mp3 files of your own, which are created by your own Or you can even do if you have obtained the rights to modify details of that Mp3 file.
So, hoping that you won’t miss use the ability to edit Mp3 file details – I’ll go ahead with showing you how to edit or modify details of Mp3 file.
Getting you through!
1. Copy the desired Mp3 file to a new folder/directory where you have full permission to edit/modify file details. Permission for not only editing the file name – even that permission that allows you to edit Title, Album name, Genre, Artist name, Album description etc…
For this illustration – I have created my own recorder file with its default file name starting from “rec___.mp3“.
2. Next, you have to ‘Right click‘ on that Mp3 file and click on ‘Properties‘.
3. Once you click on the properties menu, it will open the properties window where you will see one of the tab named ‘Details‘. Click on that tab and below that you will see a detail box which allows you to add in all the required details of that Mp3 file.
As you see in the above screenshot – you can add:
4. Next, you will need to hover on the item where you want to enter the details. When you click – it will be highlighted in blue color, please see below screenshot.
After that, towards the right side there will be a ‘text box‘ for you to enter the details. Click in that box and start entering the details. Likewise, you will need to enter all the details in there. If you enter few details and do something else and come back – you will loose the changes done. You will see those details there still but when you save and see – it won’t be saved.
See this edited sample Mp3 file:
So, now your question will be: How to save the edited Mp3 file?
You won’t see a save button there – The details will be saved when you click on the ‘Apply‘ first and then click on ‘OK‘ button. Once done – You will be able to see the details you entered on the bottom of the folder where you have kept that Mp3 file. See below:
Hope, you got what you where searching for!
Thanks for coming along with this article. If you have any queries – please put your questions in the comment box provided below or Contact me.