Splash screen in drupal that shows up before the website is loaded to show up something very useful or very important notice to the user’s visiting the site. If you are wondering how this can be done.
Solution is here: Tinybox!
Tinybox is simple yet powerful module with which we can easily create Splash screens in drupal CMS that loads just before you website loads. This module provides you a simple splash screen or a popup window for your content like images or videos even your nodes[pages] can be put in there or what ever you want to display before loading your website. Step by step guide on how to install TinyBox Module
- Download tinybox module from drupal
- Extract contents of the downloaded module onto your sites [sites/all/modules] location.
- Now download the tinybox library - Download – tinybox library.
- Copy the downloaded tinybox library folder to your sites [sites/all/libraries/tinybox] location.
Note: If you download tinybox 2 then, rename that file to tinybox i.e the path should be the same [sites/all/libraries/tinybox]. Next, we will see how to configure the module to create splash screen:
Configuring Tinybox module:
1. Go to Admin -> Configuration -> Content authoring. 2. Select Tinybox settings.
3. If your are loading content from node – then, you should select the Splash source type as NID and give the Splash source value of your node ID and set the Delay to0. (If you want to display the splash screen once again after some fixed interval – then, you can set the value that you want. For example: If you set time interval to 2000 then Splash Screen will be show once again after 2000 seconds. You can also load your view page and also content type by selecting the splash source type value as Views or Content Type.
Customizing Splash screen in Drupal
a. In the TinyBox Setting you can set the width and height of your choice or you can set 0 for auto width and height. b. Set 0 for Auto hide or you can set the time to hide your content after fixed time interval and save your configuration.
Finally the output will look like this when your website loads for the first time. In the below screen shot – We have used the Splash screen to load an Image of our choice.