Is a free, open-source CMS [content management system] for content, community and commerce. You can always download your copy of drupal here.
Steps involved in the installation of Drupal CMS on your local server / localhost
Step 1. Download the drupal zip file from drupal.org.
Step 2. Extract the downloaded zip file onto this directory/folder:
C:/xampp/htdocs/ [This is the place where you put your sites]
Step 3. Rename the extracted drupal folder to ur Sitename.
step 4. Create a new Database using phpMyAdmin:
Next, you need to run the installation profile :
1. Type this url on your browsers address bar.
Now, click the enter. It will take you go to your new website and you should see a Drupal installation page like this:
2. From this page Select an installation profile page. Its advised to select Standard as it has a standard procedure already to have a successful installation. Click Save and continue button
3. In the Choose language page, select English and Click Save and continue button.
4. In the Database configuration page, select the type of database that you are using. Type the database name which you created earlier and type the username field by default it will be root and leave the password field blank and Click Save and continue button.
- Type of Database – MySQL
- Database name – the name you gave when you created the database for this site
- user name – root
- password – blank
5. In the Configure page, do the following steps :
- In the Site name field, type the site name you want to give to your site.
- In the Site email address field, type the email address that automated messages from your Drupal site will be sent from.
- In the site maintenance account section, type a username, email address and password for the use of account maintenance.
- In the server settings section, select a country from the list and then select a time zone.
- In the update notification section, select Check for updates automatically and Receive email notifications (This will send email notifications to your inbox when there are any new security update/patch.)
Click Save and continue.
6. Now, you should be on the Drupal installation complete page.
- Click on Visit your new site link and it which will take you to your new site. Enjoy!